From: freesurfer-boun...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
<freesurfer-boun...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu> On Behalf Of Tim Schäfer
Sent: Friday, January 14, 2022 11:18 AM
To: Freesurfer support list <freesurfer@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu>
Subject: Re: [Freesurfer] recon-all: error in creating rh.white.H

        External Email - Use Caution

Can you check whether any of the .H/.K files were created? They contain the
per-vertex mean/Gaussian curvature for the respective surface, but what's more
important is that they are symbolic links.

If you try to save recon-all output onto a drive formatted with a file system
that does not support symbolic links (e.g., a shared network drive from a
Windows file server), the files cannot be created, leading to that error. Could
that be the case?

Best,

Tim

--