Sorry, I don't understand the R terminology. in the FSGD, you will have (4+1)*3 = 15 columns to the design matrix (4=2x2=number of classes, 3 = no of continuous variables). Each column will mean something. How many columns will you have in your R analysis and what will they mean? If you can make R spit out a design matrix, you can just use that via the --X option to mri_glmfit.