This is a bit tricky as you need a volume as a template that has the
dimensions/resolution you want. One fast and dirty way to do it is to
upsample the orig to 0.5mm, eg
mri_convert --upsample 2 orig.mgz orig.us2.mgz
You can then run
mri_vol2vol --mov T2.nii.gz --lta reg.lta --targ orig.us2.mgz --o t2.us2.mgz
It might complain that the output volume in the lta file does not match
the target volume; if this causes it to fail, I can give you a work-around