From: freesurfer-boun...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
<freesurfer-boun...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu> On Behalf Of Aaron Geller
Sent: Sunday, April 17, 2022 12:22 PM
To: Freesurfer support list <freesurfer@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu>
Subject: Re: [Freesurfer] pial surface vs aseg in MTL

        External Email - Use Caution
Thanks Bruce! I was not aware of this basic design decision.

If that is the case, will freesurfer disregard manual corrections to try to
force inclusion of the hippocampus?

I am using freesurfer to make cortical models for use with epilepsy surgery,
and as the MTL is a common implant target, having the pial surface respect
this structure is important.

Aaron

On Apr 17, 2022, at 9:59 AM, Fischl, Bruce