Try using mris_expand, eg,
mris_expand lh.white -1 lh.subwhite
will create a surface 1mm into the WM

On 4/14/2022 7:50 AM, Lee Subin Kristine wrote:

        External Email - Use Caution

Dear FreeSurfers,

I am interested in sampling values in the superficial white matter (SWM) region, which is an area of about 0.5mm below the GM/WM boundary.

To extract values of each vertex in that region, I have successfully used the mri_vol2surf function with the projfrac option, such as below:

/mri_vol2surf --src <src_img> --out <output mgh file> --out_type mgh --hemi lh --projfrac -0.5 --regheader <recon-all output> --surf white --interp trilinear/

However, I would also like to get surface type files (like lh.pial, lh.white, etc) that I could overlay on Freeview for visualization purposes.

I see papers with figures that have a visualization of surfaces below the GM/WM boundary, but I am not sure how I can obtain this.

I would really appreciate if anyone could give me any hints or suggestions on how I could do the same.

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,

Kristine

Windows용 메일 <https://secure-web.cisco.com/1ZrULsI2ejEjzxKmbYlrcXS6OQOs4N61qvt3YmnuwI2Lib__o3fyKkvRypZZF-S3X6qLreu835RQho7qhlQcrqshivLcVQhfvkRgtMpNOrUXDE3vWCK20sn7y_UzB8DzdIc9WUeUDNJM0o3i2ulIXNoHfCG9HaKToXdt38kpyWvEmlwqNZIk4-3s534rlglHR7c2faD9RXcPhGS0eI2EUFNn8Ad3iMEdAR71luCr35orau0zw8OAyVfu8iwSBEm7mkCBmnLUdKVIAwTGtnPsGF1eVWj73OEpaTVRBIE6j2ZULQmzWVX80yryNqAMmPFnJzILFkA4WSftYjZd-_vuPJA/https%3A%2F%2Fgo.microsoft.com%2Ffwlink%2F%3FLinkId%3D550986>에서 발송된 메일입니다.