External Email - Use Caution

Dear FS experts,

I am using mri_deface to annon our data. Nevertheless, for a recent
project, we were requested to share our DICOM original files, instad of
.nii or .mgz.
Thus, I was wondering if you know a simple way to deface T1 data inputing a
DICOM and obtaining a series of DICOM as output?

I have tried to
   1) deface using mri_deface,
   2) convert the .nii to dicom using the nifti2dicom utility and
   3) correct DICOM info thats incorrecly parsed at step 2).

However,  such approach does not work correctly for all our data (it fails
for several reasons, such as correctly storing acq direction, or dimensions
when sampling from nifti 2 dicom).

I have seen that @Doug has been working on a new deface utility (mideface)
but it seems to work also only for .nii

Any insight?