The scout is a short, low resolution scan used by the scanner operator to set the field of view for later scans; it is not use ful. The SpinEcho looks like it is part of a functional or diffusion sequence to perform B0 distortion correction (so not used in the anatomical analysis) I don't know what the Phoenix nii is. I think phoenix is a way to put dicom files back onto the scanner. I don't know why there would be a nii associated with it.