From: freesurfer-boun...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
<freesurfer-boun...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu> on behalf of Fotiadis, Panagiotis
<panagiotis.fotia...@pennmedicine.upenn.edu>
Sent: Wednesday, September 21, 2022 5:07 PM
To: freesurfer@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu <freesurfer@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu>
Subject: [Freesurfer] Voxel to mm coordinates

        External Email - Use Caution

Hello,

I was wondering what the best way would be to extract the coordinates of each
voxel in my nifti volume in mm. I have used MRIread to load the nifti volume
into Matlab (=mri) and wanted to essentially create a new variable that takes
each (voxel) entry in mri.vol and exports its three coordinates in mm. Would I
just need to multiply the mri.vox2ras 4x4 matrix to each voxel’s [X Y Z 1]’
(where X,Y,Z are the voxel’s coordinates in mri.vol) or are there different
steps involved?

Thank you in advance for your time and help!

Best,

Panos