I would weight by the number of vertices in each ROI

On 11/8/2022 12:20 PM, James Brown wrote:

        External Email - Use Caution

Dear Freesurfer experts,
I would like to know if this procedure is correct.
I have cortical thickness data from aparc+aseg for every ROI in DTK atlas (i.e. output of recon-all). I need average cortical thickness in frontal, parietal, temporal, cingulate and occipital lobes. Is it correct to average thickness measurement of every sub lobe roi (e.g. average thickness in frontal lobe = average of:

  * Superior Frontal
  * Rostral and Caudal Middle Frontal
  * Pars Opercularis, Pars Triangularis, and Pars Orbitalis
  * Lateral and Medial Orbitofrontal
  * Precentral
  * Paracentral
  * Frontal Pole

and so on for other lobes...

Do we need to correct for the number of vertices in every region when we measure the lobar average thickness?

Alternatively, do I need to run these commands to generate lobes then measure thickness in every lobe?
# mri_annotation2label --subject subject --hemi lh --lobesStrict lobes
# mri_annotation2label --subject subject --hemi rh --lobesStrict lobes
# mri_aparc2aseg --s subject --labelwm --hypo-as-wm --rip-unknown \
#   --volmask --o wmparc.lobes.mgz --ctxseg aparc+aseg.mgz \
#   --annot lobes --base-offset 200 [--base-offset must be last arg]

Thank you
James