Dear FreeSurfer team,

  1.  We're trying to focus our cortical analysis following suggestions here
https://www.mail-archive.com/freesurfer@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/msg23939.html. The
FS ROI tutorial page mentions that labels should be drawn or registered on the
fsaverage template; could we then break the fsaverage aparc_annot atlas and
combine the fsaverage labels of interest into our new label or should we break
each individual subjects aparc_annot atlas and then create the combined ROI
from the subject specific labels? I'm assuming that we either way will have to
resample the combined label to each subject using mri_label2label?
  2.  When running the mri_glmfit-sim analysis later on, the thread above
mentions not using the --cache option. Can we use "--mczsim 3 pos" instead for
a one-sided test?

  1.  We've had some success in correcting incorrect parcellations using the
mris_register and mri_ca_label functions. As we had some issues with
mris_register in 7.1.1, we used the developer version for these steps, but
7.1.1 when re-running recon-all as this is the version we used for our study.
Is it ok to combine versions like this?

Thank you for your time!

Kind regards,

Carl Trolle
Research fellow
Spaulding Neuroimaging Lab

Platform: linux-centos7_x86_64-7.1.1-20200723-8b40551
FreeSurfer version: 7.1.1