After you load the image from the command-line, can you then load more images
from the GUI?

Ruopeng

On Dec 20, 2022, at 3:23 AM, Addison, Reuben
<raddi...@mghihp.edu<mailto:raddi...@mghihp.edu>> wrote:

The answer to this is question ‘ opening an image from the gui ‘ is yes. The
image only opens when I open from the command line

Reuben A.

________________________________
From: fsbuild <fsbu...@contbay.com<mailto:fsbu...@contbay.com>>
Sent: Tuesday, December 20, 2022 7:56:12 AM
To: freesurfer@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu<mailto:freesurfer@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu>
<freesurfer@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu<mailto:freesurfer@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu>>
Cc: Addison, Reuben <raddi...@mghihp.edu<mailto:raddi...@mghihp.edu>>
Subject: Re: [Freesurfer] Freeview quit unexpectedly

        External Email - Use Caution

By crashing from the GUI do you mean that you when you try to navigate to open
a file, e.g.,   $SUBJECTS_DIR/bert/mri/brain.mgz,  using the freeview GUI
Open-> pull down menu that you get the core dump listed below, but it works
when your run “freeview  $SUBJECTS_DIR/bert/mri/brain.mgz” from the command
line in the terminal window?

The core dump shows a memory allocation error on MacOSX.  Some postings
indicate setting MallocNanoZone to zero before running your program/command can
remedy this,

$ bash
$ export MallocNanoZone=0 && freeview

- but this may not work.   I don’t see any other workarounds for this right
now.  I have not seen this error before with freeview on older versions of
MacOS, so it may be related to running on MacOS 10.13.

- R.

On Dec 19, 2022, at 14:03, Addison, Reuben