External Email - Use Caution

Thanks, for your quick response.

I installed python2 and did set the default version to python 2.7.18 via
aliasing.
But I am getting the same old errors again. The same terminal responses
were listed below.
The subjects that are used for aseg/aparc are listed in the folder SUBJECTS
under freesurfer

$ asegstats2table --subjects Met001_1 Met002_1 --hemi lh --meas area
--tablefile Area_aseg_stats.txt
 File "/usr/local/freesurfer/bin/aparcstats2table", line 156
    print 'ERROR: atleast 1 subject must be provided'
          ^
SyntaxError: Missing parentheses in call to 'print'. Did you mean
print('ERROR: atleast 1 subject must be provided')?

$which python2
/usr/bin/python2

$ python --version
Python 2.7.18

$ export FREESURFER_HOME=/usr/local/freesurfer
$ source $FREESURFER_HOME/SetUpFreeSurfer.sh
-------- freesurfer-Linux-centos6_x86_64-stable-pub-v6.0.0-2beb96c --------
Setting up environment for FreeSurfer/FS-FAST (and FSL)
FREESURFER_HOME   /usr/local/freesurfer
FSFAST_HOME       /usr/local/freesurfer/fsfast
FSF_OUTPUT_FORMAT nii.gz
SUBJECTS_DIR      /usr/local/freesurfer/subjects
MNI_DIR           /usr/local/freesurfer/mni
FSL_DIR           /usr/local/fsl

$ sh aseg_stats_extraction.sh

  File "/usr/local/freesurfer/bin/asegstats2table", line 195
    print 'ERROR: subjects are not specified (use --subjects SUBJECTS)'
          ^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax
  File "/usr/local/freesurfer/bin/asegstats2table", line 195
    print 'ERROR: subjects are not specified (use --subjects SUBJECTS)'
          ^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax
  File "/usr/local/freesurfer/bin/aparcstats2table", line 156
    print 'ERROR: atleast 1 subject must be provided'
          ^
SyntaxError: Missing parentheses in call to 'print'. Did you mean
print('ERROR: atleast 1 subject must be provided')?
  File "/usr/local/freesurfer/bin/aparcstats2table", line 156
    print 'ERROR: atleast 1 subject must be provided'
          ^
SyntaxError: Missing parentheses in call to 'print'. Did you mean
print('ERROR: atleast 1 subject must be provided')?

I also attached the shell script file that I created for thickness and area
extraction from the list of subjects.
Is this because something is wrong in the bash_profile/bashrc file? I don't
know I am just guessing.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Vittal