External Email - Use Caution

Hello Freesurfer community

I am trying to transform a label file obtained in subject native surface space
to subject native volume space.

This label file was obtained through binarizing the subject lh.sulc
morphological data through the function write.fs.label from R package
freesurferformats, in the left hemisphere, resulting in a binary label for all
sulci in the subject. Visual quality control of the label file through Freeview
was adequate: I can load the surface label file with any surface of the subject.

Now, I would like to map the corresponding voxels that belong to sulci in the
left hemisphere of this subject.

I tried to convert the label to volume using mri_label2vol first, but got the
following error message

            could not parse 48510th line '1e+05 -37.5524826049805
-5.55967617034912 18.56817436218261' in label file

I then tried to first convert the file to annot format using mris_label2annot
and then convert to volume using mri_aseg2aparc. Similarly, mris_label2annot
threw the error

            could not parse 48510th line '1e+05 -37.5524826049805
-5.55967617034912 18.56817436218261' in label file

The list described similar errors but no obvious solution that I can access
right now e.g. having a developer inspect the label file.

I would love to get any pointer as to why the label file may have been
unparse-able to Freesurfer tools.

Sincerely

Yigu