External Email - Use Caution

Hello—

I am having difficulties figuring out how to move PET images from the fsaverage
space back to the subject space. Using the PETSurfer wiki instructions for
surface-based analysis, we have sampled each subject’s surface onto the surface
of fsaverage using mri_vol2surf, which was then smoothed using mris_fwhm, and
finally the results were brought back from surface space to volume (using
mri_surf2vol), still in the fsaverage space.

We are doing an analysis in SPM comparing each individual subject to controls
and would like to move these results to the subject space, because remaining in
the fsaverage space has given us results that do not match up very well and
make the analysis difficult.

We have attempted using mri_vol2vol but the resulting gray matter ribbon did
not align with our subject T1. Is it necessary to combine the talairach lta/m3z
register files and/or inverse them to achieve this? and if so, how?

or if there is a simpler way to move the results from fsaverage space back into
subject space, please let me know.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Jennifer