From: freesurfer-boun...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
<freesurfer-boun...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu> on behalf of Fischl, Bruce R.,PHD
<bfis...@mgh.harvard.edu>
Sent: Friday, April 7, 2023 5:11:49 PM
To: Freesurfer support list <freesurfer@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu>
Subject: Re: [Freesurfer] mris_flatten Version 6 vs. 7

        External Email - Use Caution

Hi Shahin

What is your command line? mris_flatten does some random sampling of distances
since the whole N^2 distance matrix is too big. You can remove the randomness
by either specifying -norand or using a specific seed like -seed 1234.

That said, you second image looks like a failure of the flattening. This
usually means the distances aren’t sampled out far enough/densely enough. The
defaults are super old (7 neighbor ring, 12 distances/ring). You could try
something like -distances 20 20 and see if that fixes things (and -norand if
you want)

Cheers

Bruce