External Email - Use Caution

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in our tool. Currently these three nuclei are not
segmented by the network implementation, but they will be segmented by the
Bayesian tool once we have integrated it into FreeSurfer.

The Pc, VM and Pt are the three smallest nuclei in our atlas, with volumes
generally less than 2-3 mm^3. As such they often do not have the highest
posterior probability in any voxels during Bayesian segmentation and therefore
don't appear in the output segmentations or only in very few voxels. We
therefore decided to remove these labels when training the network
implementation.

To view the segmentations you can use the following command substituting the
paths for the segmentation, V1, FA and aligned T1 volumes

freeview <path/to/t1> <path/to/segmentation>:colormap=LUT -dti <path/to/V1>
<path/to/FA>

Best wishes,
Henry

Henry Tregidgo, PhD
Research Associate

Centre for Medical Image Computing (CMIC),
University College London (UCL)