External Email - Use Caution

Hello,

Our lab has been using Freesurfer 5.3 for it's ongoing longitudinal study. I
attempted to quality check one of our brains using tkmedit - I usually don't
have any issues following our pipeline or running the tool. This time I
received this message:

ERROR: A segfault has occurred. This is not your fault,
  : but is most likely an unrecoverable error and has
  : made the program unstable.
  :
  : Please send the contents of the file .xdebug_tkmedit
  : that should be in this directory to freesurfer@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
  :
  : Now exiting...
  :

I'm not sure where the xdebug file is located - it isn't anywhere in our
Freesurfer directory in the server. Where can I find this file, and how can I
fix this error? I've tried trouble shooting with some solutions I've seen in
the archive. We have checked permissions, I use a PC - not a mac, and I have
checked the main freesurfer directories as well as the directories associated
with the brain I want to check. I have also tried to open other brains in the
viewer resulting in the same error message. Is there a fix for this - ideally,
one that doesn't require switching Freesurfer versions?

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Vincent Edwards