External Email - Use Caution

Hello Sabrena,
We have some notes posted about setting up WSL on the wiki page
under, https://secure-web.cisco.com/1c9KrekHizcdGhd-EUpY8z6zQtrZ7Hnb3DsudqV1c_pPEjJ1H75BRvca6NRs_TRT6TsXulVKkhed9uxHkgEBBOLR3pJ1QadfUPK9NxzguGJR-9ZEdXbrbGgTiLMC3In-V_1eOTIHf0B8pxWbJcjhkapSbXWjqaraZgKCwigULr2pOXXSZBffwbUX8kMFxbI7lqhsp09hkOwjZUWEqA-D_kikevtPV4pp-1tyt230wlx3hRfEFEslJpansh_4yBibdUHv9pMqyR_dNZwNRQpWAWtaSfk1ChYf1ej-pW-xOjqtkmBb1HCTHC9QEg2eD1QI2kiko5M4aVy3zO_PYwX3pVg/https%3A%2F%2Fsurfer.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu%2Ffswiki%2F%2FFS7_wsl
You
 are probably running some version of WSL version 2 (WSL2), but since
WSL can change w/o notice, we can’t guarantee our notes work for every
Windows 11 (or Windows 10) setup.  See the section there "Setup and
Install WSL version 2” including the link to the MS documentation.   If
you can get WSL working and login to its Ubuntu Linux terminal window,
then we can direct you how to install the freesurfer 7.4.1 release.
If
 you want to run freeview to view brain images with WSL, you will also
need to install a 3rd party X-server like XMing to MobaXterm as well on
your Windows system.  Some users have not been able to get freeview to
work on their system after consulting our wiki page notes.
An
 alternative to using WSL is to use a different virtualization
application like VirtualBox.  Some users find VirtualBox easier to setup
 and manage especially compared to getting WSL to work with freeview and
 viewing images.  You would download and install the VirtualBox
application on your Windows machine, and then download and install our
Ubuntu 18 Linux OS image with Freesurfer pre-installed.   The notes for
that are
under,https://secure-web.cisco.com/1P4pBW1lhSQIuXvY6PhRq81dp468Q3FTax8bdRBv1NVIxscm7cGXVf6lQY9eI8AozTPM6cbqBUJPWiUfbrZVamB5EvGZ5f-6mJSN6H10op1CkJoGH1bzD-0wtqTvJ5DW9jkgFUD0kNsR5bht3LJE4W-mw3HD9dByZzbuVPqUUgvLowzQPPY2L8-ipuYYbDlUWkBhJSxdb6c9SYXJx857gWeFih6GlTHjkwFj1FfnSEGrQr3OtyxqEFo_ZD9xUXJ6MF0ZWguaxQGV54S2zrY22LEz_8UrmN-MEMAF19IBNn3xGKeNHTkSptfVA3CYK7GfOxV6Yk4TvJ3uIr5EZGQMmKA/https%3A%2F%2Fsurfer.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu%2Ffswiki%2FVM_67We
 can send you the codes to unlock the VirtualBox image and login.  With
the VirtualBox setup, there is no additional 3rd party X-server setup
needed in order to view images with freeview.
- R.
Begin forwarded message:From: Sabrena Tuy <stuy2...@sdsu.edu>