Fra: fsbuild <fsbu...@contbay.com>
Sendt: 3. oktober 2023 04:33
Til: freesurfer@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Kopi: Pål Gunnar Larsson <p...@ous-hf.no>
Emne: Re: [Freesurfer] Slow processing of large defect

Not clear if "8G of RAM" below means 8G is assigned to the VM, or the host
machine has 8G RAM total.   Assuming the VM has ~8G assigned then the host
should have 16-24G RAM total.

It reads like the VM is thrashing, e.g., swapping out to disk due to lack of
RAM - which can cause a crash.   I would try running the VM on a host machine
that can provide more RAM.  So if the VM is currently running with 8G, then try
doubling it to 16G (on a host with at least 24 or 32G RAM).

- R.

On 10/2/23 10:31, Pål Gunnar Larsson (p...@ous-hf.no<mailto:p...@ous-hf.no>)