External Email - Use Caution

Hi there,
I have an animal brain's MRI with 3 volumes, each with a good resolution in one
of the planes.
(i. 768x768x88, ii. 768x768x150, iii. 768x768x140)
As far as I understand freeSurfere doesn't have a 3D ihgh-res reconstruction
tool, right?
So I tried to reconstruct a high-resolution 3D volume with NiftyMIC ( [
https://secure-web.cisco.com/1pycZ_2SF5XqnaigDfeUBVSUx6el0NqrRFY73S86xcHKBmENAMDW0UImRthmw5ABzQXy4HbR5YvrmPrKqVtps7XvPuj-FM18syDXhXobeyvrjYZXzCWNWL5XrFc_x6F6sXZmNJiaiqVbTgleW5W_JFX66v_8fxOYC_3g0Abw3qcNVhxtjB-lKCNvkgLJTBNfRoIcFNdptMbIJnJJLw4ctFkad0nyy3QrWENp1yPh_-VKqjYY9w45GedHmEn_vICXVD7bRQL8wfM64bNFfHnw7J19BvbmjjLeCH7Qd0TqPUlRbcIblAFj6bGvn1TJXdj1sHiz8ZcMieEXj42iBoIrFCg/https%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2Fgift-surg%2FNiftyMIC

https://secure-web.cisco.com/1pycZ_2SF5XqnaigDfeUBVSUx6el0NqrRFY73S86xcHKBmENAMDW0UImRthmw5ABzQXy4HbR5YvrmPrKqVtps7XvPuj-FM18syDXhXobeyvrjYZXzCWNWL5XrFc_x6F6sXZmNJiaiqVbTgleW5W_JFX66v_8fxOYC_3g0Abw3qcNVhxtjB-lKCNvkgLJTBNfRoIcFNdptMbIJnJJLw4ctFkad0nyy3QrWENp1yPh_-VKqjYY9w45GedHmEn_vICXVD7bRQL8wfM64bNFfHnw7J19BvbmjjLeCH7Qd0TqPUlRbcIblAFj6bGvn1TJXdj1sHiz8ZcMieEXj42iBoIrFCg/https%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2Fgift-surg%2FNiftyMIC
 ] ), but unfortunately it didn't work for me.

My final goal is to get good tissue segmentation (pial-, grey-, and
white-matter labels).
So now I am considering rescaling one of the scans in a high-dim. space
(768x768x768) using imresize3 (or something similar for interpolation) with
MATLAB.
The rescaling works, but the non-high-resolution planes turn out to be
elongated. I am not sure how to get past this issue, and register the new
rescale volume with one of the old ones (trying some params with mri_vol2vol
might work?)

At the end I want to visualize rescaled 3D volume on top of the original scans,
so I can at least (semi-automatically and then) manually segment it.
thanks in advance :)
- malav

Malav Shah
PhD candidate, Michael Brecht Lab,