fsxvfb is just a script that sets up an env for running Xvfb. I wrote this script and got it working, but I'm not an expert on Xvfb, so you'll have to figure it out yourself. You can try to running another program that brings up an image (eg, fsxvfb glxgears) to make sure it is not a freeview thing. Otherwise, I'd suggest going through that script and running the commands one at a time to see if you can find the failure point