External Email - Use Caution

Hi FreeSurfer developers,

I want to transform a label file in Gifti-format from the fsaverage space
into the native space of a subject (CON01a).
The FreeSurfer reconstruction pipeline was completely executed before for
this subject.
The label file lh.JulichBrainAtlas_3.0.3.label.gii is in freeview correctly
visualized on the surface of fsaverage.

But when I call mri_label2label as below, it seems that the Gifti-format is
not recognized:

mri_label2label  --srcsubject fsaverage   --srclabel
../atlas/lh.JulichBrainAtlas_3.0.3.label.gii
           --trgsubject CON01a     --trglabel
CON01a/label/lh.JulichBrainAtlas_3.0.3.label.gii
           --hemi lh  --trgsurf white       --regmethod surface

*Output:*

srclabel = ../atlas/lh.JulichBrainAtlas_3.0.3.label.gii
srcsubject = fsaverage
trgsubject = CON01a
trglabel = CON01a/label/lh.JulichBrainAtlas_3.0.3.label.gii
regmethod = surface

srchemi = lh
trghemi = lh
trgsurface = white
srcsurfreg = sphere.reg
trgsurfreg = sphere.reg
usehash = 1
Use ProjAbs  = 0, 0
Use ProjFrac = 0, 0
DoPaint 0

<!DOCTYPE GIFTI SYSTEM
"http://secure-web.cisco.com/10pJypOCaxCr0cVxOqUZEEwUWnA-a8JBJInZZrsmFvbBpZc5VeJKOP7gLhQ1SmX0dDXn_JrEuwDnXsXCgYbucJ6Zt55yeYSZaXS7RcQ-zmSplQhIanXs83UHpvi7aPZ47je5_XAgbMekrym-5sfhTz1Q7l7H3-5yWH9jnTYY8IOcMMxUK_UyTbIS8X1zsXA0dQHmVoAc1_wHJSoInnKzw7RSqIhMcqc78nv5SHDXgrYNh_v-YDkmYaVWQBfdGsqZECbPP7RXwbKi1ebJSd1nEvw4gEd992keTTGgWegeDvHuM2IQnqR-kBkHRTG_IODfJ/http%3A%2F%2Fgifti.projects.nitrc.org%2Fgifti.dtd";>
error: mri_label2label: could not scan # of lines from label file

The Gifti-file contains a LabelTable (including a RGB-color  for each
label), and a DataArray of Labels (for each vertex), but not the vertex
coordinates.

Please, could you tell me how I can transform this file into the native
space of each subject?
I have attached the compressed label file to this mail.

Best regards,
Peter