External Email - Use Caution

Dear Freesurfer experts,

We're trying to make an average subject for group analysis using Freesurfer
7.1, but the make_average_subject command exits with errors after calling
make_average_surf:

MakeAverageSurf(): 129 lh pial sphere.reg talairach.xfm 1 1

It appears to be trying to find the lh.pial surface for the first participant,
but this file is named "lh.pial.T1". (In FS 5.3 and 6.0, this file was labelled
"lh.pial", but with FS7.1, it seems to be named lh.pial.T1).

Does anyone have a suggestion for how to fix this problem? (We want to avoid
changing all the file names to "lh.pial" from "il.pial.T1")
Should we call make_average_subject again with -no-surf-to-surf ?

Best regards,
Asuka