From: Philip P <philip.pruck...@gmail.com>
Sent: Wednesday, February 28, 2024 20:41
To: Hoffmann, Malte,PhD
Cc: freesurfer@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Subject: Re: [Freesurfer] Longitudinal Freesurfer in the presence of large
tissue defects

        External Email - Use Caution

Hi Malte,

Thanks for the response, it’s encouraging to hear you think the longitudinal
pipeline will still provide benefits, even in the absence of a non-linear
template!

However out of interest: I was able to generate a non-linear unbiased session
template without moving tissue from outside into the resection area. If I’d
want to use this template for the analysis, is there any modifications I’d have
to make to the existing workflow except for 1) using the non-linear template as
norm_template.mgz and 2) running all commands that make use of the
session_to_template.lta transforms with the appropriate non-linear warps?

Thanks for your help, its greatly appreciated !

Best,
Philip