External Email - Use Caution

Hello

I am considering using freesurfer-generated images not in a scientific paper
but in a popular science book (commercial).

What is the preferred course of action, license-wise, for this specific purpose?

Can I include images of fsaverage with Desikan atlas parcellations, or should I
avoid using fsaverage and use instead images I have acquired?

The general license is worded in terms of “Software”, but said figures would
not appear to laypeople to be “Software”

May I skip the words

"All or portions of this licensed product (such portions are the "Software")
have been obtained under license from The General Hospital Corporation and are
subject to the following terms and conditions:"

and more plainly acknowledge that the images were created with Freesurfer by
citing

''Cortical reconstruction and volumetric segmentation was performed with the
Freesurfer image analysis suite, which is documented and freely available for
download online (<http://surfer.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/>)'',

along with one of the papers (which one)?

The book is in French the recommended option would be translated to French.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Kind regards

Xavier

--