External Email - Use Caution

  The system you are running freesurfer 5.3 on likely uses older
system libraries that are incompatible with reading current 7.X licenses.
 Or 7.X licenses use different (newer) encryption libraries found only on
more recent linux systems.   So a license file you download now is not
expected to work on a system where 5.3 runs with its original license.  If
you still need to run 5.3 (released in 2013/2014), then you should run it on
the system where it works using its original license from that time period.
 If that system is not available, then you could try hosting a CentOS
virtual machine with Freesurfer 5.3 installed on the Linux system where you run
7.4.1.   You can download a compressed archive of a VirtualBox CentOS disk
image with Freesurfer 5.3 installed
from,https://surfer.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/pub/dist/freesurfer/5.3.0/freesurfer-Virtualbox-linux-x86-stable-pub-v5.3-full.vdi.gz
You would need to install the VirtualBox application on your current Linux
machine to run it.
We discourage posting license files to public lists.
- R.
On Sep 4, 2024, at 03:27, Le Prieult, Yéléna
<yelena.leprie...@med.uni-heidelberg.de>
wrote:        External Email - Use
Caution        Good
morning,  I’m using the TASH toolbox for my project and the
recommended version of freesurfer for this toolbox is 5.3. I used freesurfer
7.4.1 for the recon-all command, not knowing I needed a different version for
the rest of the processing. I used a license that I downloaded month ago and it
worked perfectly for freesurfer 7.4.1 but this license doesn’t work with
freesurfer 5.3. I downloaded a new license and it didn’t work. I tried changing
the permission of access on the license.txt, checked the license key, set
properly all environments as FREESURFER_HOME and SUBJECTS_DIR, etc and
everything is in order but it still doesn’t work. I even redownloaded another
license and tried again but I still encounter the same error:

ERROR: Invalid Freesurfer license key found in license file
/usr/local/freesurfer/license.txt

If you are outside the NMR-Martino Center, go
to https://surfer.nmr.harvard.edu to get a valid license file (it’s
free). If you are inside the NMR-Martinos Center, make sure to osurce the
standard environment.

Attached to this email you can have a look over the license I have. Thank
you in advance for your reply. Best
regards, Yéléna <license.txt>_______________________________________________Freesurfer
 mailing
listfreesur...@nmr.mgh.harvard.eduhttps://mail.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/mailman/listinfo/freesurfer