External Email - Use Caution

 The 7.4.0 release contains the python distribution all the python scripts
(including mri_synthseg) were tested with (on CentOS 8, 7; Ubuntu 22, 20 18).
 That python includes tensorflow 2.12.0 which is documented to support up
thru Cuda 11.8.   If you look at all the cuda libraries you will see their
major release numbers range from 8-11.  Since older libraries may be
backwards compatible, I suggest you try installing Cuda 11 on your system and
see if it is recognized.
- R.

On Sep 9, 2024, at 22:31, Matthew Lynch <matthewl...@gmail.com>
wrote:        External Email - Use
Caution
I run this command:

mri_synthseg --i /mnt/p/test/test-t2-3mm.nii --parc --robust --o /mnt/p/test

and it fails with the following (partial) error message:

Node: 'model_3/unet_conv_downarm_0_0/Conv3D'
DNN library is not found.

which I assume means it cannot access the appropriate the CuDNN library.

I have installed

GPU: nvidia geforce RTX 3050 Ti (4Gb)
WSL2
Linux kernel: 5.15.153.1-microsoft-standard-WSL2 (after recent wsl --update)
CUDA Version 12.6
Windows Nvidia Driver version 560.94
CuDNN Version 9.4.0 installed in WSL, with libraries located
in /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu

However, freesurfer's tensorflow seems to point to its own cudnn libraries in:
/usr/local/freesurfer/7.4.0/python/lib/python3.8/site-packages/nvidia/cudnn/lib

including

libcudnn.so.8

which I assume is CuDNN version 8, and may not be compatible with CUDA 12.6?

Is there a way I can get freesurfer's script to use the CuDNN 9.4.0 that are
installed globally on the WSL system?  Any other suggestions on what might
be causing this error and how to fix it?