External Email - Use Caution

Dear Developers
I installed Freesurfer 7.4.1 when using Ubuntu 22 in an Oracle VM on
Windows 10 as a host OS. However, I recently updated to Ubuntu 24.04.1 LTS
(I still regret it), and after that, Freesurfer stopped working. It shows
"bash: /usr/local/freesurfer/7.4.1/ SetUpFreeSurfer.sh: No such file or
directory" as an error message. I tried to re-install Freesurfer, and it
showed the following error message:
The following packages have unmet dependencies: freesurfer : Depends:
libncurses5 but it is not installable Depends: libc6 (< 2.36) but
2.39-0ubuntu8.3 is to be installed E: Unable to correct problems, you have
held broken packages.
I am a Neurosurgeon in Mumbai. I have beginner-level knowledge of
programming. Please help me out.
Regards
Raj Agarbattiwala
Jaslok Hospital and Research Center, Mumbai