Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri wrote:
>  --- Dirk Meyer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> escreveu: > Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri
>> Maybe it's better to help with ideas than with the code itself. There
>> are some undocumented things right now which aren't easy to
>> unterstand.
>
> Sure... :)

There are some points you can help (since it's your code).

First of all, I don't like the behavior of UP/DOWN in the tv
menu. Select an item, than move up and down some times and go back to
the channel from the beginning. There is a different item selected
now. Maye you shouldn't take the start time of the current item as
start time and remember a start time when you moved LEFT/RIGHT the
last time. Also it would be great if UP/DOWN/LEFT/RIGHT wouldn't
rebuild the table all the time, only change self.selected if the table
is still the same. BTW, I don't use your ExtendedMenu anymore, your
code is now in tv/tvmenu.py.

The second thing is drawstringframed. Do know the area this function
will draw I want the coordinates back. I hacked it into the
soft-function some time ago, the hard-function is still not
ready. Since it's your code, maybe you could add that. I also would
like to have a pretend-to-draw function. I only want the coordinates,
don't draw. Right now I use a dummy layer for that, but that's not the
correct way of doing it. Maybe color==None will be the pretend-mode.

>> > IMHO we should get the "extended" off the name. Since all menus are
>> > these type now.
>>
>> Agreed, but I haven't found a better name yet -- maybe we don't need
>> one, we'll see.
>>
> Just menu.

OK

>> Proposal:
>>
>> <menu type="audio"> <!-- definition of audio menus -->
>>   <use image="my image" text="my text menu with info"/>
>>   <use image="" text="my text menu"/>
>> </menu>
>>
>> I don't like the name "use", but I already use "layout".
>
> What about style or variant.

Sounds both ok for me. If we want to name it layout, maybe we could
rename the current layout tag. But style is also ok.

>>This menu
>> set
>> defines that DISPLAY should toggle between these two "use" types (I
>> _really_ don't like "use"). The first one (default) has an image
>> version and a text version. Normally "my image" will be taken, if all
>> covers look the same, "my text menu with info" is displayed. If you
>> press DISPLAY you toggle. There is no image version, so it's text
>> mode
>> only and "my text menu" will be used. Idea: maybe "variant" is better
>> than "use"
>>
>> After that, we need to define "my image" and all the other menus.
>> This
>> looks like the normal <menu>s in my skin now, only the name is now
>> menu_layout:
>>
>> <menu_layout name="my image">
>>   <screen .../>
>>   <listing .../>
>>    <info .../>
>>   <view .../>
>>   <title .../>
>> </menu_layout>
>>
>> The skin designer can define as much different menus to toggle as he
>> likes.
>>

>> Comments?
>>

> Yes, perfect :)

Thanks, I will do that next weekend (or maybe this evening)

Three things are certain: Death, taxes, and lost data. Guess which has
occurred...