Hi,

I have an updated test runtime package which fixes the remaining issues that I am aware of.

http://freevo.sf.net/runtime/runtime-pre5-test6.tar.bz2

./runtime/apps/freevo_python: error while loading shared libraries:
libavcodec.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
directory

That error was happening because the latest DXR3 patched SDL was somehow attempting to load libavcodec _outside_ of Freevo's environment. I am really tired of messing with that so I removed support for DXR3.

I have also removed support for directfb. Sorry for these things but I don't have enough time to get all these things working in a nicely distributable package and there are more important things that I should be working on.

Both of these things require you to recompile your kerenl and is you can do that you should be able to patch and build SDL.

Please cvs update (if you have developer ssh access because anon cvs is now on a 24 hour lag) or add:

setenv ("LD_LIBRARY_PATH", "./runtime/dll", 1);

at line 205 of runapp.c.

The new runtime is:
http://freevo.sf.net/runtime/runtime-pre5-test5.tar.bz2

Ok, now you must either update from CVS (it is probable not yet current in anon cvs) or remove that line and recompile. It will mess things up now.

If anyone was experiencing an 'illegal intruction' error while starting Freevo with the last runtime, that should be fixed now and I tested it on an athlon K6-2.

Please reread the rest of this message, I need posative feedback that these features actually work! I have had really bad luck playing dvds but I think there is just something wrong with my system. PLease watch a dvd, and try skipping forward all the way to the end. My system went into a wierd state once the dvd was finished so I would like to know if this mplayer is ok for everyone.

There is another test runtime available and I would be happy if people could give it a try and raise any issues with it.

Most of what is below is still important:

Rob Shortt wrote:

There is a new runtime version available and the sooner we can test it out the sooner we can go ahead and release 1.3.2-pre5. :)

For those of you that are feeling adventurous and are using Freevo from CVS you may cvs update and then install this new runtime version. You may find the runtime here:

Before you unpack this runtime you should probably backup your existing runtime directory just in case.

cd /path/to/freevo
mv runtime runtime.orig
cvs update -d runtime

This runtime package has runtime/apps,lib,dll,preloads inside and will compliment the runtime directory out of CVS.

Then untar the package from in your Freevo directory.

Be warned that this runtime weighs in at a hefty 18 megs but I think that is a fair price to pay for less problems in the field. Also please note that you must update and recompile runapp because I had to modify it to handle staticly compiled apps.

Things to test:

-alsa support (mplayer)

alsa support needs to be confirmed.

-play dvd, cd, mp3, ogg

The old audio freezing problem on song skipping is gone for me, is it now ok for you?

I have seen problems with one DVD where there was a flickering effect on the right (~15-20%) side of the screen.

The dvd I saw that in was a rental. Are your dvds ok?

-test images

All my images are labeled as 'unknown' although I don't think that is a runtime issue.

The image name 'unknown' is still a problem for me but I haven't looked into it at all.

-test different video file formats. I had mplayer freeze on some of my mpeg1 files but not others for instance. mplayer should also play nuv files from mythtv, and hopefully normal nuv files... if not then I will remove that patch.

Argh, I just remembered that I forgot the mythtv patch this time. If I need to rebuild mplayer I will include it, otherwise it will be in the next runtime.

-someone who already uses it should test timeshifting
-test mp1e in runtime/apps.  This is compiled with a btaudio patch and
also supports v4l2.

-test mencoder

PLEASE test mencoder if you can. :) If it doesn't work in the next release we will have many unhappy campers!

I don't have a regular v4l or v4l2 device in my Freevo box anymore (using ivtv, woo hoo!!) so testing mencoder is especially important.

Also there was a mysterious audio crash in -pre4 and CVS that happened while skipping to the next song which seems to have gone away, please test this also (ok so that would be pretty obvious).

This audio bug seems to have been eradicated. *yay* :)

The runtime contains: mplayer mencoder mpe1 jpegtran cdparanoia fceu aumix

python 2.2.3 with modules:

CDDB
DiscID
Numeric
PIL
xmlplus
xmms
aomodule
cdrom
fchksum
mmpython
mx
ogg
pygame
pygphoto
pylirc
pyshift
twisted

I have been entertaining thoughs of including xmame but I think it is a bit large and most people who use it usually find their own package anyways.

I don't think that I have forgotten to mention anything but I may followup later.

That's all for now. :)

Thanks for your help,
-Rob

------------------------------------------------------- This SF.Net email is sponsored by: INetU Attention Web Developers & Consultants: Become An INetU Hosting Partner. Refer Dedicated Servers. We Manage Them. You Get 10% Monthly Commission! INetU Dedicated Managed Hosting http://www.inetu.net/partner/index.php _______________________________________________ Freevo-devel mailing list [EMAIL PROTECTED] https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/freevo-devel