On Sat, 28 Jun 2003, Aubin Paul wrote:

> On Sat, Jun 28, 2003 at 05:34:24PM -0400, Aubin Paul wrote:
> > By putting tag/filename data into a sqlite database, which is
> > essentially a single file with no daemon or anything, you can generate
> > smart playlists on the fly, like the examples I suggested. Doing that
> > via cache files doesn't make sense, first, because it requires data
> > that isn't stored in the MP3/video,
>
> I should explain what I mean by this; I want to track play count,
> last play date, BPM and stuff like that.
>
> Those things will be changed when the file is played, and shouldn't be
> stored in the file itself.

        Okay, I get the point. Although BPM should be stored
        in the file. In fact there is an id3v2 field for that. :)
        But I agree that a database frontend would be cool.
        At first, I thought of mmpython as a pure retrieval
        tool -- which it should stay IMHO.
        It would be nice if the database had columns matching
        the standard set of mmpython. I tried to accumulate
        standards for finding a common set of attributes for
        the different types of media.
        If you need help or want to comment/change anything
        in mmpython, just cry out. :)

        l8r...
                Thomas