On Sun, Jun 29, 2003 at 12:10:52AM +0200, Thomas Schueppel wrote:
>       Okay, I get the point. Although BPM should be stored
>       in the file. In fact there is an id3v2 field for that. :)

Well, we could store that, but I'd like to operate under the
assumption that the directories accessed by Freevo are NFS mounted or
read-only.

>       But I agree that a database frontend would be cool.
>       At first, I thought of mmpython as a pure retrieval
>       tool -- which it should stay IMHO.

I agree; I like the idea of a standard media metadata library; making
it too 'freevo-specific' isn't necessary.

>       It would be nice if the database had columns matching
>       the standard set of mmpython. I tried to accumulate
>       standards for finding a common set of attributes for
>       the different types of media.

Well, I think the columns should vary based on the type of file. Like
the metadata we'd store for music would be different then what we'd
store for movies.

It would make sense to make seperate tables for each.

>       If you need help or want to comment/change anything
>       in mmpython, just cry out. :)

Thanks... I'm just starting on it... I'm heading out for dinner with
the girlfriend now, but I think I'll probably get a prototype of the
background scanner/db populator done tonight...

Aubin