Dirk Meyer wrote:
Aubin Paul wrote:

Are there any major changes expected before 1.4 or should we start
doing pre-releases? It's a big change, and it would be nice to have
the packages all available at release time too.

As Michael wrote: we are waiting for the new recorderserver to move
into the main cvs branch. After that is done, we should release
1.4-rc1 or 1.4-pre1.

*fingers crossed* -- tonight... provided I get my internet connection back. It mysteriously dissapeared last night.

Here are also some random thoughts about the next release and what we should put in it:

o Move the splashscreen settings into the skin.

o Some files in src/tv look like they aren't used (imported)
anymore. Do we still need them? The files are ivtv.py,
program_search.py and program_display.py (they only depend on
eachother), and please take a look if all plugins still work.

Those files are all used, ivtv.py by ivtv_record.py and ivtv_basic_tv.py and the other two are used by the branched tvguide.py.

o What is the status in tv? We will get a new recordserver, but what
about live pause? Does it work? Aubin, what is your status on a xine
plugin for tv? Maybe someone can send me a short list what is
working, what someone is working on and what is on the todo list.

I am _really_ hoping that xine's pvr functionality can be ported to all other stream types - v4l/mpeg/webtv/radio/etc. Xine also has an api for its osd! I am hoping that we can interface with all this in the future.

o I want to remove testfiles as discussed some weeks ago. I will
create a small tarball on the website. Or maybe we don't need it at
all?

o Remove the runtime directory from the freevo cvs tree. Freevo itself
  doesn't need the runtime and should be 100% Python. I would create
  an extra repository for the runtime because it should still be under
  cvs control.

Sounds good to me.

-Rob