On Thu, 2003-09-04 at 09:28, Dirk Meyer wrote:
> o I have one big task on my personal list right now: if Michael is
>   finished with the headline plugin for now, I will use it to extend
>   the skin in two ways. The rss files also contain a <description> for
>   most of the items. So
>
>   - make it possible to have a 'default' menu with information
>     area. The listing will show the headlines, the info area the
>     description of the item. I don't want to add headline as type to
>     the skin, a basic 'info' class showing item.description is better
>     for future use.

I like that idea. I was looking at the playergui stuff to see if i can
replace the menus i was using so that i could get at least a Site Name
at the top of the page and then the list of items. Then was going to add
a subscreen to the headline to show the full headline (sometimes they
get truncated) and the description. But your idea sounds good too.

>   - make it possible to get a blank screen from the skin. Maybe the
>     plugin wants to display some stuff, independed of skin settings
>     with no menu at all.

I was thinking of doing alot of the precious stuff with Rob's gui code
and a region scroller class he has or just by calling up a pygame
surface. If this approach gives us more flexibility then go ahead but
not sure after we blank the screen how we will draw on it other than
creating a pygame surface over the top.

--
Mike Ruelle
[EMAIL PROTECTED]