On Sat, 2003-09-20 at 04:18, Dirk Meyer wrote:
> > have to fix:
> > - fullscreen doesn't always seem to work for everybody (people using -fs
> > have complained but i use fs and haven't seen the wrong param get sent )
> > and i think it might even be broken for fb users. It uses the
> > osd.get_fullscreen which i think only looks for a config variable being
> > set.
>
> Mh, I guess there are problems with fullscreen, but -fs should fix
> that because the problems are always windowmanager specific. IMHO
> Freevo should run fullscreen, all other apps don't need to because
> there are no frames without windowmanager. What are the problems other
> people have?

wishie and a few others using freevo -fs have said they have to manually
set the X to fullscreen config variable to get fullscreen and to have it
set right by the tvtime plugin.

but now with the unified thread handling I have no way (because we are
encouraged to not import osd) to figure out whether i am fullscreen or
not. And thus don't know whether to pass the start tvtime in a window or
as fullscreen option. I believe this works for me since i have the
tvtime config file set to default to full screen.

> > nice to have:
> > - support skipping over channels if they are inactive by settings in the
> > TV_CHANNELS directive.
>
> Why not remove these channels in TV_CHANNELS. Either I have the
> channel and don't want to skip it or I don't have it and I don't need
> it at all.

this is the whole thing with the fourth option in TV_CHANNELS about
certain stations only being active at certain times (i have  a couple of
stations on my local system that share a tunerid and split the day
between them).

> > - merge stationlist.xml data rather than overriding it if the file
> > already exists. this is for people who use tvtime by itself in addition
> > to with freevo.
>
> I don't know tvtime, I can't say anything to this.

I am beginning to know it well. ;) or at least have bug vektor enough.
But i think this is a desired feature from his view of how we (as
different applications using his app in slave mode) should behave and
cope nicely with others.

--
Mike Ruelle
[EMAIL PROTECTED]