Michael Ruelle wrote:
> On Sat, 2003-09-20 at 04:18, Dirk Meyer wrote:
>> > have to fix:
>> > - fullscreen doesn't always seem to work for everybody (people using -fs
>> > have complained but i use fs and haven't seen the wrong param get sent )
>> > and i think it might even be broken for fb users. It uses the
>> > osd.get_fullscreen which i think only looks for a config variable being
>> > set.
>>
>> Mh, I guess there are problems with fullscreen, but -fs should fix
>> that because the problems are always windowmanager specific. IMHO
>> Freevo should run fullscreen, all other apps don't need to because
>> there are no frames without windowmanager. What are the problems other
>> people have?
>>

> wishie and a few others using freevo -fs have said they have to manually
> set the X to fullscreen config variable to get fullscreen and to have it
> set right by the tvtime plugin.
>
> but now with the unified thread handling I have no way (because we are
> encouraged to not import osd) to figure out whether i am fullscreen or
> not. And thus don't know whether to pass the start tvtime in a window or
> as fullscreen option. I believe this works for me since i have the
> tvtime config file set to default to full screen.

If you use freevo -fs, X should switch to the resolution of
Freevo. You should have 800x600 in the XF86config to make this
work. After that, it should be possible to start tvtime with a
geometry of 800x600+0+0 without fullscreen. Maybe there X is not
working at the Freevo resolution? Ot tvtime not set to the geometry?

Linux: the operating system with a CLUE...
Command Line User Environment - Fortune