Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri wrote:
>  --- Dirk Meyer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> escreveu:
>> Hi,
>>
>> now that 1.4 is out and the code freeze is gone, here some new stuff
>> I made (freevo moves from stable back to testing):
>
> Good! Just when I'll have some time :D I'm FREE from the unversity from
> 27-Nov til 1-March.

That's a long time. Much time to code :-)

>> o Make it possible to 'play' a directory. E.g. you can set the
>>   default action for image directories without subdirs to play not
>>   browse.
>
> good it's "possible" but configurable :)

Yes, and defualt is off for everything.

>> o Speaking of images: I added fading in the image viewer
>
> Just found a bug and have some comments.
> BUG: Sometimes it still have the previous image, seems to be missing
> the last stage from the transition. Maybe you should repaint the new
> image to make sure.

Strange. I will try to find it. Can you say what you've done different
when you have the bug?

> COMMENT: It's too fast on my machine (P4-2Ghz), maybe we should have a
> timer. Also, we just need 24-30 transitions per second, this could save
> cpu on slower systems.

You can control it. See freevo_config.py. There is a variable how many
alpha steps one blend should be. Default is 50, meaning there are the
steps 0, 50, 100, 150, 200, 255. Set it to 25 and it will be slower.

> I know I was against that... but since my girl bought a digcam maybe I
> work on that.

I didn't liked it at the beginning, too, but it's very nice on
vacation pictures.

And another new thing: I write a fxd parser with callbacks to handle
our needs. We always have the following format:
<freevo>
  <special_tag>
  <special_tag>
  <special_tag>
  <special_tag>
</freevo>

So you can register handlers for this tags, like 'movie', 'disc-set',
'folder' and 'audio'. By doing this I also rewrote the movie fxd
parser (it wasn't my intention, but it happened). I hope I didn't
broke anything. Stop I know I broke something: I changed the format of
the audio fxd files a bit (see audio/__init__.py for an example) to
make it similar to other fxd files.

Boat: A hole in the water surrounded by wood.