--- Dirk Meyer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> escreveu:
> Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri wrote:
> >  --- Dirk Meyer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> escreveu:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> now that 1.4 is out and the code freeze is gone, here some new
> stuff
> >> I made (freevo moves from stable back to testing):
> >
> > Good! Just when I'll have some time :D I'm FREE from the unversity
> from
> > 27-Nov til 1-March.
>
> That's a long time. Much time to code :-)

Sure!

> >> o Make it possible to 'play' a directory. E.g. you can set the
> >>   default action for image directories without subdirs to play not
>
> >>   browse.
> >
> > good it's "possible" but configurable :)
>
> Yes, and defualt is off for everything.

Excellent!

> >> o Speaking of images: I added fading in the image viewer
> >
> > Just found a bug and have some comments.
> > BUG: Sometimes it still have the previous image, seems to be
> missing
> > the last stage from the transition. Maybe you should repaint the
> new
> > image to make sure.
>
> Strange. I will try to find it. Can you say what you've done
> different when you have the bug?

Nothing. It just happen, ocasionally. Going through my pictures
(1280x960, maybe the cached smaller picture is dirty?) sometimes it
show the previous image overlaid.

> > COMMENT: It's too fast on my machine (P4-2Ghz), maybe we should
> have a
> > timer. Also, we just need 24-30 transitions per second, this could
> save
> > cpu on slower systems.
>
> You can control it. See freevo_config.py. There is a variable how
> many
> alpha steps one blend should be. Default is 50, meaning there are the
> steps 0, 50, 100, 150, 200, 255. Set it to 25 and it will be slower.

Okay, you control the steps, but you shouldn't :)
   You should be able to control how many seconds do you want the
effect to take, and it should be in a fixed FPS...
   I suggest 30fps, cause most TV works at that rate (there's the
interlaced thing but...)
   Maybe we should discard frames if the computer is too slow.

> > I know I was against that... but since my girl bought a digcam
> maybe I
> > work on that.
>
> I didn't liked it at the beginning, too, but it's very nice on
> vacation pictures.

Yes!
BTW, my girl's pictures are at her website:
http://debora.servepics.com, there are some pictures from me there,
like this
http://debora.servepics.com/Aniversario_Natalia_08-Nov-2003/DSC00090
   Also, there are some pictures from some cool "historical" places
here in Brazil: http://debora.servepics.com/Ouro_Preto_14-Out-2003

> And another new thing: I write a fxd parser with callbacks to handle
> our needs. We always have the following format:
> <freevo>
>   <special_tag>
>   <special_tag>
>   <special_tag>
>   <special_tag>
> </freevo>
>
> So you can register handlers for this tags, like 'movie', 'disc-set',
> 'folder' and 'audio'. By doing this I also rewrote the movie fxd
> parser (it wasn't my intention, but it happened). I hope I didn't
> broke anything. Stop I know I broke something: I changed the format
> of
> the audio fxd files a bit (see audio/__init__.py for an example) to
> make it similar to other fxd files.

Good, so we can split up that big parser.

Gustavo