Rob Shortt wrote:
Can we utilize some sort of ringbuffer here? It doesn't make much sense to record the entire length of a program (or tv watching session) all the time. Like with Thomas' old mplayer patch where it wrote its input

That patch is in his WIP dir but also take a look at WIP/Thomas/pyshift/. It is a python module to create a ringbuffer but I am unsure if it can give us back all the info we need (yet!). There is a test program there and src/tv/plugins/timeshift.py uses it as well.

-Rob