Rob Shortt wrote:
> Dirk Meyer wrote:
>> And please test it, it may not work for all kinds of mpegs. Test this
>> with mediatest.py from mmpython. It should print out that it detected
>> 'ts' format.
>
> I just updated mmpython from anon CVS, ran mediatest.py against an
> mpeg recorded from my pvr-250:
>
> trying ext mpeg
> 4 Streams in MPEG
> unknown packet type 0, this may cause problems
> detected ts format
> filename : /media/Video/12-28_19:00_Deadly_Arts_-_Muay_Thai.mpeg
> medium is: MPEG2 video
> Attributes:
>          type: MPEG2 video
>          url: file:///media/Video/12-28_19:00_Deadly_Arts_-_Muay_Thai.mpeg
>          length: 3634
>   Stream list:
>     Video Stream:
>          length: 4026
>          bitrate: 4500000
>          width: 720
>          height: 480
>          fps: 29.97
>          aspect: 4/3 (TV)
>
> I notice the two length values are different, should they be the same?

No, the onw inside video is the old length calculation, the first one
3634 should be correct. Start maplyer and seek to the end and see if
it is correct.

> I also meant to ask if it matters if the file is variable or constant
> bitrate.  This one is constant (I always record constant bitrate).

This should be no difference.

Voodoo is a very interesting religion for the whole family, even those
members of it who are dead.
        -- (Terry Pratchett & Neil Gaiman, Good Omens)