> And the "selected" variations, so if one want a 3d looking, the
borders
> could follow the background to give the intended look.
>
> The guide could be formed using:
>
> 1-----.------------------------2    1------------------------------2
> | CH1 | PROGAM 1               |    | 06:00 - PRG_CH3_1            |
> }=====+========================{    | 07:00 - PRG_CH3_2            |
> | CH2 | PROGRAM 2              |    | 08:00 - PRG_CH3_3            |
> }=====+========================7----9 09:00 - PRG_CH3_4            |
> | CH3 | PROGRAM 3                     10:00 - PRG_CH3_5            |
> }=====+========================8----A 11:00 - PRG_CH3_6            |
> | CH4 | PROGRAM 4              |    | ...                          |
> }=====+========================{    |                              |
> |...  | ...                    |    |                              |
> 3-----'------------------------4    3------------------------------4

I think that's great, it's exactly what I had in mind for the
*tivo*guide plugin.  I'm going to hold of of course until that support
becomes available in the skin engine.

As far as the images you drew above, I think we can condense the # of
images slightly.  You need the 4 corners of a box, then a horizontal,
and a vertical...and I think that's it (I could be wrong).  Some of the
others are just variants of existing images.

   7 == 3
   8 == 1
   9 == 4
   A == 2

Perhaps better to start small, the more images there are the more that
need maintaining when a skin changes.

Who's the skin expert on the list?  Perhaps we can see what is needed
and come up with a few patches.

-jlaska