On Fri 16.07.2004 at 09:53:23PM +0200, Dirk Meyer wrote:
> o Better DVB support. I want to watch and record at the same time if
>   it's the same frequence. Also live pause support is needed,
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I've been thinking about this too. It might put lots of strain on the
PCI bus, though, depending how much at the same time you want to record.

>   commercial detection, VPS support, etc. Some of this is not DVB
>   specific and may work with analog tv, too.

Besides, support for several TV cards would be useful, whatever kind of
TV card (analog, DVB, analog + mpeg encoder), and any kind of input on
the card (I hacked my old freevo 1.4 to support the composite input of
my WinTV Go analog card, so that I can watch or record the output of my
VCR, either in PAL or SECAM. At least at that time, there was no way to
do that properly. I don't know what is the status of the VideoGroups in
recent Freevo (I haven't taken a look at Freevo in the last 6 months),
but I suppose that configuration based on VideoGroups could do the
trick.

Then, allowing Freevo to automatically choose a TV card when recording
would be useful, as well as allowing the user to set priorities to
recordings, to hint freevo on which TV card to use (e.g. throw-away TV
series episodes can be recorded analogically, but the movies you want to
keep should be recorded with DVB).

And a burningserver would be welcome, maybe based on the principle of
the shopping cart: put files and dirs in the burning cart, and then burn
it to a CD/DVD. I've been thinking about it long time ago, but it is
quite low on my priority list.

Matthieu
--
 (~._.~)        Matthieu Weber - Université de Jyväskylä         (~._.~)
  ( ? )                email : [EMAIL PROTECTED]                  ( ? )