Rob Shortt wrote:
> Hans Meine wrote:
>> On Sunday 08 August 2004 18:58, Rob Shortt wrote:
>>># Accept the defaults for the first regular tv card
>>>TV_SETTINGS['tv'] = TVSettings()
>> If the user may get to see this class name at some point, I would
>> suggest a name like "TVCard" instead of settings, because from a
>> user point of view, this is all about settings.  This can be a class
>> within the module "config", so that it's namespaced
>> (i.e. config.TVCard from the rest of the code).
>
> Yes, they would only need to instantiate it if adding a 4th card and
> when the class is defined in config.py then it is in the same
> namespece as where they'd use it (local_conf.py / freevo_config.py).
> Also, tv0 and tv1 don't need to be on seperate cards, one could be for
> using the tuner, the other for svideo.

Is it possible to do some auto-detection here?

for X in /dev/dvb/adapter[0-9] TV_SETTINGS['dvbX'] = DVBSettings(X)

That's all. Next the CHANNELS_CONF:

c = [part of CHANNELS_CONF] = ('art.de', 'ARD', 'ARD')

if c[2] is string and there is dvb card:
  c = ('art.de', 'ARD', 'dvb:ARD')

if c[2] not endswith number:
  if there is card0 for dvb:
     c = ('art.de', 'ARD', 'dvb0:ARD')

A man generally has two reasons for doing a thing. One that sounds
good, and a real one.