Rob Shortt wrote:
> Yes, I was feeling wierd about that too.  How about using an object
> oriented / inheritence approach as Kans suggested?  TVSettings(),
> DVBSettings(), IVTVSettings(), each with apropriate properties.

Agreed.

>> TV_SETTINGS['dvb0'] = TVSettings()
>> This will auto-configure the TVSettings:
>> - set mode to dvb
>> - set device to adapter0
>> So TV_SETTINGS needs to be much more than a simple dict. But the
>> interface should be like the one you propose.
>>
>>>TV_SETTINGS['tv0'].vdev = '/dev/video1'
>>># Or maybe their second tuner is on video2
>>>TV_SETTINGS['tv1'].vdev = '/dev/video2'
>> We can auto-detect this (more or less). Should we support /dev/video1
>> for tv0? Or do we also prefer /dev/videoX for tvX?
>
> How about we not use tv/ivtv/dvb and use tvX/ivtvX/dvbX.  tv0 should
> start at /dev/video0, etc.  Maybe we can do something like
> TVSettings('tv', 0) or ('tv0') or TVSettings(0), DVBSettings(0),
> IVTVSettings(0).

Do not add the 0 in the constructor, this looks to complicated:

TV_SETTINGS['tv0'] = TVSettings()

TV_SETTINGS is no real dict, on __set_item__ it auto sets the device
to 0 because the user adds it to 'tv0'.

Or even better, we auto detect all this and user only sets a new adev
if needed by typing

TV_SETTINGS['tv0'].adev = '/dev/dsp'

According to Kentucky state law, every person must take a bath at least
once a year.