On Mon, 2004-08-09 at 19:34 -0300, Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri wrote:
> What I don't know is the talk about "We can't use evas since it's only
> X11", but evas is the display, not the image lib.

Ok, I see what you mean.  Yes, it'd be possible to implement a canvas
class that uses evas as the display backend.  I'm not sure if the speed
difference compared to using pyimlib2 for the X11 display would be worth
the overhead of writing and maintaining a pyevas. :)

> Am I wrong or the only display that supports many devices is
> sdl/pygame? There is another?

Yes, there is. :)  bmovl2, because bmovl2 is just an MPlayer filter, so
you can use any video output MPlayer supports.

> BTW: Just something that pop in my mind right now: it's possible to do
> an export VF in mplayer that will let mplayer use the display from
> other app? That way we could have mplayer to use our windows and vanish
> with the mess it's now (launching mplayer window atop of freevo).

For X11 at least (via -wid).  Not sure about other displays.

With MeBox I don't have this problem because _everything_ is done
through Mplayer, so when the user plays a movie I just issue a loadfile
slave command.  It's all smooth, plus I do a nice fadeout effect of the
interface as the movie is playing.

I'll be the first to admit that layering the whole application over
bmovl2 is a hack, but it also opens up a few extra possibilities.

Cheers,
Jason.