Dirk Meyer wrote:
>> Viggo Fredriksen wrote:
>>> Hi!
>>
>> Hi
>>
>>> Attached is a patch for a new detached player.
>>
>> This looks so cool. But we need to define a default key button (not
>> only keyboard) for the control box.
>>
>>> It's mostly finished but it has a serious bug which I can't seem to
>>> find the reason for. I get <Fatal python error: Deallocating None>
>>> in my DetachbarAnimation after it's been running for a while. This
>>> might be a mevas error for all I know, so I don't want to spend any
>>> more time pulling my hair over this.
>
> One bug: after the playlist is done, you don't remove the idlebar
> plugin.

OK, fixed. You registered to the PLAY_STOP event but that doesn't add
the item as argument. I fixed it by checking the player in the
animation. BTW, registering to PLAY_STOP had a bad side-effect. Your
plugin got all PLAY_STOP and nothing else worked. Now, a registered
eventhandler must return True if he used it, if not, it goes the
normal eventhandler chain.

BTW, can you send a patch to respect the coding guidelines? Before you
ask: they are only in my haed for now :-). You respected most of my
guidelines, only small things:

o please do not use more than 80 chars in a line
o every function needs a doc string
o the header of a file needs a doc what this file does
o more internal docs (# comments) what you are doing here

Check the image viewer for a good example. I know, writing docs suck,
but we need better development docs.

Monday is an awful way to spend 1/7th of your life.