> What do you think of it, am I talking bullshit?

No, At least I don't but I don't consider myself a core dev ;-)

I agree, and I think most of the devs agree, vdr is good at what it
does.  The reality is freevo is such a smooth UI that nobody who gets
used to it wants to give it up.

dischi had mentioned previously that a good idea for someone to
indegrate would be to work out how vdr displays to xine, and get it to
discplay to freevo instead..  I think also this would be good, but
*someone* has to do it and so far no-one has stepped forward..

I would be happy to wait, but I can't for the live of me get freevo +
dvb + maplyer to work together and so now i'm looking atshortcuts to
get vdr working (and recording) in the shortest timeframe possible..

Mick