Dirk Meyer wrote:
Lucian Muresan wrote:

I think most of you core freevo devs (at least Rob said once on IRC)
wouldn't want to get to see VDRs OSD when using VDR from within
Freevo.

Correct.

Maybe VDR's OSD looks ugly compared with Freevo's, especially
compared to how it will hopefully soon look like in bmovl2 for
example, but maybe some sort of mplayer-based client could be
developed (similar to the vdr-xine plugin which displays VDR's OSD)

Or the other way around: a bmovl like plugin for xine. We also need it
for dvd playback.

However, I think that such a bivalent plugin should have to link
against VDR itself, too, like other VDR video output plugins (dxr3,
softdevice, vdr-xine) do, in order to have access to all the
information needed by the OSD. Or maybe the info available through
SVDRP is enough?

Linking vdr, mplayer and freevo in one app won't work.

I never thought of it like linking all 3 into one app, maybe I misunderstood the way how the python application freevo is supposed to display its osd via bmovl(2) in mplayer, are they then linked together, is that the case? If someone would write such a bmovl-like plugin for xine, would then xine and freevo also be linked together? And then again, having freevo's osd *and on demand* vdr's osd displayed in xine, a no-go?

Lucian