Hi!

Just to not loose the following idea I simply post it to the development list.
It took me some time to find out how the audio player detach bar works and
after I finally managed to use it properly I thought about the following
improvement to it:

I think it would be quite easy to keep a list of detached applications
inside freevo. They may or may not display something and we could
keep a display of the topmost applications somewhere on the screen
(should be configurable as I won't need that, but others may).
Users should be able to show the complete list by pressing a single
button and may select one of the detached applications to get it back
to the front. Of course, this needs a more flexible menu system as
it requires jumping directly to some predefined point. However, in my view
it would be a consistent  way to handle background processes like
transcoding videos, burning a cd or playing music. And you could use
them all at once and get back to them later to check status or disable
them.

Cheers,
Stephan