Hey,

I felt brave and free today (or, actually, I've just given up buidling my own media server and pitch in a little on freevo 2.0 :-) ).

I learned that the best way to understand the project is not by reporting bugs, but solving them, so I spent tonight on a little problem I had. As soon as I a try to open the root (/) directory, a message appeared ( InProgress exception: maximum recursion depth exceeded in cmp ). Took some time to figure out where things were going wrong (but learned a ton on the freevo project, and python in general), but I found two problems:
- My root directory seems to be stored as file:////, whereas I would expect it to be file:/// (that's 3 slashes instead of 4). I couldn't find any obvious spot where this is set, so I'll take the cowards way out for now and just ask (I would expect the config files setting which directories to show, couldn't find it).
- The beacon.Database._get_dir() code gets into an endless recursion when fed '//' as directory. This is because os.path.dirname('//') == '//' (unlike bash, where `dirname '//'` == '/'), so the root is never found.

Probably not very hard bugs to solve both of them. I'll go on testing tomorrow (already ran into some other bugs, but that is to be expected of a pre-beta version), enough for now!

Reinoud

Dirk Meyer wrote:
Hi,

besides all the traffic about 1.6, 2.0 is also making progress. I had
no time to do something the last weeks, but I hope it is getting
better. I did some stuff today and starting next weekend I hope to
have more time.

If you are brave, feel free to try freevo 2.0 from svn and report
bugs. Some plugins don't work and the tv code is still buggy. But
video, audio and image should work.

TODO:

o Finish kaa.popcorn (me)
o Finish kaa.candy (tack)
o Integrate kaa.candy (me)
o Change the config code to kaa.config (me)
o Rewrite kaa.record (Soenke)

Dischi

------------------------------------------------------------------------- Using Tomcat but need to do more? Need to support web services, security? Get stuff done quickly with pre-integrated technology to make your job easier Download IBM WebSphere Application Server v.1.0.1 based on Apache Geronimo http://sel.as-us.falkag.net/sel?cmd=lnk&kid=120709&bid=263057&dat=121642